Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Christophe Lombart <ch...@skynet.be> on 2003/04/25 00:01:30 UTC

Event submit & customize mode

Hi all,

small question on the customize mode and event submit methods :
When my portlet is in customize mode, I have a lot of "event submit"
methods. My first idea was to split theses event submit methods into
different portlet actions.
So, I define in my xreg file one of thoses actions ans use something
like : $jslink.getAction(actionname, porlet_id...). ...  in order to
activate the correct event submit method in the desired action class.

In this case, I got a problem with the statement : VelocityPortlet
portlet = (VelocityPortlet)context.get("portlet");
If this statment is triggered inside the default action ( one defined in
the xreg file):  there is no problem
If this statement is triggered inside another action, this method
returns null. So, How Can I get the portlet reference in this case ?

2 others question (quite basic one) on the "event submit" method :
* the correct syntax for a submit event method is doXyyy(...). Why can I
not use more than one uppercase caracter ?  For exemple :
doInsertContent is not correct but doInsertcontent works fine :-((((
* Is it not possible to declare this kind of method with a portlet
variable argument like the classic buildNormalContext

Regards,
Christophe