Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vinny <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2000/11/11 00:16:48 UTC

which version for production?

I'm designing some jsp and servlet apps that will be used
to extend some of the functionalities of php-based site on
linux platform. I have tomcat 3.2 b6 working fine, should I stay
with this or try to 4.0 beta?

How is 3.2 vs 4.0 in terms of

1. performance
2. scalabilty
3. memory
4. Stability

I'm trying to keep everything very low cost (free)
in the great tradition of LAMP (Linux Apache Mysql Php)

IBM vs Sun/Blackdown (currently using blackdown jdk 1.3)
Jikes vs other free compilers?

Comments are very welcome
Thanks in advance

[tomcat-user] Re: which version for production?

Posted by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net>.
3.2 is _much_ closer to a final release then 4.0

I see it on production with apache on linux.

HTH,

Kenneth Topp
---
 to unsubscribe: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org