Posted to dev@sirona.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/12 07:44:45 UTC

sirona.next

Hi

discussed a bit with Olivier (thanks for his recent work which is
really awesome to go ahead!) and here are the next steps we see:

1) we remove cassandra client part (we only support cassandra on
collector side) or if anyone shout we log a warn "perf will be bad".
Side note: on server side we can enhance perf surely even if less
impacting apps JVMs
2) we shade all "client" modules with a store to propose a
sirona-javaagent-[mystore]-shade.jar by default to ease the usage
3) Olivier proposed a custom tcp storage  (note: graphite one doesn't
handle all we do), I'm +1 to use a fully connected (but auto
resilient) client storage
4) once all is correctly shaded (disruptor and httpasync) we try to
use it by default

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/