Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mark Combellack <mc...@apache.org> on 2008/07/07 11:11:27 UTC

Unable to resolve com.google.gdata:gdata-core:jar:1.0 because of spelling mistake in upload script.

Hi,

I've just done an update to the latest revision of the Tuscany root and I am
getting a failure to resolve com.google.gdata:gdata-core:jar:1.0 when
building the binding-gdata-runtime module.

After a bit of investigation, this artefact should be available because:

*	I can see that this module has been added over the weekend to the
top level build (SVN commit 674257).
*	The poms have been updated to download the Google Maven artifacts
from http://people.apache.org/~lresende/google-gdata/maven/com/google/gdata/

*	A new deployGdataToMaven.sh script has been added to upload the
artefacts to the above web site. (SVN commit 674252)

However, this does not work because there is a spelling mistake in the
upload script. The script says:

mvn gpg:sign-and-deploy-file -DgroupId=com.google.gdata
-DartifactId=gdata-core -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=gdata-core-1.0.jar -DrepositoryId=apache.people
-Durl=scp://people.apache.org/home/lresende/public_html/googoe-gdata/maven
-Dkeyname=lresende

The above command misspells google-gdata since it has googoe-gdata. I've
corrected the script in SVN revision 674425.

Is anyone able to run this script as I don't have write access to lresende's
people area on apache.people.org. Guess this means we will need to wait for
Luciano to run this script.

As a work around, all you need to do is download the google-data core jar
manually and install it in your own local Maven repository.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: Depends on 3rd party jars that are not published to maven repos, was: Re: Unable to resolve com.google.gdata:gdata-core:jar:1.0 because of spelling mistake in upload script.

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.
It makes sense to go with 3 since it seems like other projects experienced
the same thing and settled on this approach.

I recall the same kind of problem with SDO project and I don't think it was
ever resolved.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 for options 1 and 3.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Depends on 3rd party jars that are not published to maven repos, was: Re: Unable to resolve com.google.gdata:gdata-core:jar:1.0 because of spelling mistake in upload script.

I've just done an update to the latest revision of the Tuscany root and I am getting a failure to resolve com.google.gdata:gdata-core:jar:1.0 when building the binding-gdata-runtime module.

After a bit of investigation, this artefact should be available because:

  a.. I can see that this module has been added over the weekend to the top level build (SVN commit 674257).
  b.. The poms have been updated to download the Google Maven artifacts from http://people.apache.org/~lresende/google-gdata/maven/com/google/gdata/
  c.. A new deployGdataToMaven.sh script has been added to upload the artefacts to the above web site. (SVN commit 674252)

Posted by Mark Combellack <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi Luciano,

Thanks for running the script. I can confirm that I can now build the
binding-gdata-runtime project without issue. The gdata-core jar file is
downloading fine.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by Luciano Resende <lr...@apache.org>.