Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Marcelo da Silva <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/12 15:33:43 UTC

parameterized t:parameter

I am trying to pass a property to the name attribute of t: parameter, like
this:

<t:parameter name="prop:firstPropertyName">
</ t: parameter>
-----
public String getFirstPropertyName() {
    return model.getPropertyNames().get(0) + "Cell";
}

But this is not working, is there any way to do this work? Or is there an
alternative?
I'm using Tapestry 5.1.0.5.
Thank's.

Re: parameterized t:parameter

Posted by Marcelo da Silva <ma...@gmail.com>.
Detail: the <t:parameter> is part of a Grid. The columns are determined by a
BeanModel and may vary:

model.include (getFieldNamesArray());

My goal is to build a link in the first column, regardless of which is.

Re: parameterized t:parameter

Posted by Marcelo da Silva <ma...@gmail.com>.
My idea is a superclass page using Generics:

In the template:

Each subclass has a entity type and my only concern would be to override the
method getGridEntityPropertyNames() when I wanted to filter the properties
to display in the grid.

I wanted to avoid override getFirstPropertyValue() in subclasses, but if
&lt;t:parameter&gt; is static and the solution is to create a fixed
property, I have to do it.

Thanks for the suggestion, Thiago!