Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> on 2012/10/26 18:06:43 UTC

[DISCUSS] Website redesign/status

Hey all,

Just wanted to share what I've been working on w/r/t the Web site ahead
of the 4.0.0-incubating launch.

First - I asked Infra and they set up a virtual host so that we can
point cloudstack.org to what's hosted at
incubator.apache.org/cloudstack. (Big thanks for the infra
responsiveness - the ticket wasn't even open 24 hours before it was
addressed + closed. Nice!)

Second - the current site was not intended to be a final design, even in
as much as any site design is "final." I've been working on a redesign
using Twitter Bootstrap that I hope will be easier to navigate and much
cleaner.

You can find the work in progress here:

http://dissociatedpress.net/cloudstack/

I'm still migrating some content from the current cloudstack.org and
such, but at least that's an idea what it will look like.

Aside from thoughts on the new design, I'd also appreciate any specific
thoughts about content that's missing, and suggestions on how to
generate the content that's missing.

A longer-term project will be revising the Publican style sheets so that
we can automatically generate docs that actually look like the rest of
the project.

Thoughts, comments, tips on Web design?

Best,

Joe