Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jevgeni Zolotarjov <j....@gmail.com> on 2018/09/12 07:17:36 UTC

qemu update 1.5.3 -> newer?

Hi

Our cloudstack 4.11.1 installation works with qemu-kvm 1.5.3, which is
shipped with standard Centos7.
Anyone has a guide about safe way to upgrade to a newer version of qemu?

Best regards,
Jevgeni

Re: qemu update 1.5.3 -> newer?

Posted by Jevgeni Zolotarjov <j....@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Followed Simon's suggestion. Worked flawlessly.

Thanks Simon!

Re: qemu update 1.5.3 -> newer?

Posted by Darius Kasparavičius <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: qemu update 1.5.3 -> newer?

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com.INVALID>.
So a couple of things to note here.

RHEL (and hence Centos) backport a lot of features, so 1.5.x is later than it might seem on paper. Take a look at the changelog on the RPM for details.

The EV version of qemu is derived from the RHEL packing for ovirt and other RHEL virtualization products, but it's not part of the distro itself. However, it is designed to be an in-place upgrade for the 1.5.x release included in the distro.

The current rpm release is 2.10 and it can be installed on centos via the following commands:

yum install centos-release-qemu-ev

yum install qemu-kvm-ev

We've been testing it our QA environment on Centos 7, as it's required for some new IOPS bursting features we're working on for KVM right now. Thus far it seems to function exactly as expected with CloudStack and you can even live migrate between hosts running 1.5.x and 2.10.

- Si

Re: qemu update 1.5.3 -> newer?

Posted by Jevgeni Zolotarjov <j....@gmail.com>.

Re: qemu update 1.5.3 -> newer?