Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by bob23 <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/14 18:38:41 UTC

error invoking webservice

Hi,

I have deployed a jax-rpc based web service in geronimo 1.1.1.

For invoking the web service, I simply open an HTTP connection and pass the
SOAP message. But to my surprise I get back an HTML response saying

Hi this is an axis web service.
Perhaps there shud be a mechanism for invoking this webservice....

I tried using the SAAJ also, which also gives me the same response.

Can someone please help me in solving this issue. Shouldn't I get back a
SOAP message instead of plain HTML response?

Thanks,
Bob