Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <re...@apache.org> on 2019/06/28 11:58:30 UTC

Deprecation of 2.10.x plan

Hi there,

I'm planning to officially end-of-life Jackrabbit 2.10 next week (see
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4456>):

Users of 2.10 who can move to Java 8 should switch to the latest stable
release of 2.18.

Users of 2.10 who can move to Java 7 should switch to the latest stable
release of 2.14.

Users of 2.10 who still are on Java 6 can switch to the latest release
of 2.12.

What it'll mean in actual actions:

- links will be removed from the download page
- news will be posted on the homepage
- [announce] will be sent to jr-user, jr-dev, oak-dev
- branch and tags WILL stay there

If you have any concerns speak out before next week Thursday.

Best regards, Julian

Re: Deprecation of 2.10.x plan

Posted by Julian Reschke <re...@apache.org>.
On 28.06.2019 13:58, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm planning to officially end-of-life Jackrabbit 2.10 next week (see
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-4456>):
>
> Users of 2.10 who can move to Java 8 should switch to the latest stable
> release of 2.18.
>
> Users of 2.10 who can move to Java 7 should switch to the latest stable
> release of 2.14.
>
> Users of 2.10 who still are on Java 6 can switch to the latest release
> of 2.12.
>
> What it'll mean in actual actions:
>
> - links will be removed from the download page
> - news will be posted on the homepage
> - [announce] will be sent to jr-user, jr-dev, oak-dev
> - branch and tags WILL stay there
>
> If you have any concerns speak out before next week Thursday.
>
> Best regards, Julian

Hearing no objections, I will now proceed as planned.

Best regards, Julian