Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/02/20 15:35:57 UTC

Question about correcting a URL within the docs and pot files

Hi all,

I'm correcting the URL issue noted in CLOUDSTACK-1341, and have a
question about the appropriateness of modifying the pot files directly.

I went looking for the places where the KEYs file URL was in the docs
folder, and I get this:

# grep -R KEYS *
en-US/verifying-source.xml:       <title>Getting the KEYS</title>
en-US/verifying-source.xml:          <ulink url="http://www.apache.org/dist/dev/incubator/cloudstack/KEYS">KEYS</ulink>
pot/verifying-source.pot:msgid "Getting the KEYS"
pot/verifying-source.pot:msgid "To enable you to verify the GPG signature, you will need to download the <ulink url=\"http://www.apache.org/dist/dev/incubator/cloudstack/KEYS\">KEYS</ulink> file."

I know that we should change the source XML file, but how about the .pot
file?

-chip

Re: Question about correcting a URL within the docs and pot files

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 20, 2013, at 5:28 PM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 04:15:34PM +0100, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 20, 2013, at 3:49 PM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:

>>> We definitely need to document this.
>>> If I answer the question will you document it? :)
>>>
>>> So when you change the XML - you merely need to run publican
>>> update_pot and it will regenerate the pot files.
>>> The downside is, it will wipe out the license header. I need to
>>> actually ping folks upstream and complain about that.
>>> So then use your python script in your gist to iterate over the pot
>>> files and reapply the license. You also want to make sure that you've
>>> added any new files to be tracked by git. (it's probably bad form, but
>>> I just 'git add .' from within the pot directory) And then a commit
>>> for the update.
>>>
>>> --David
>>
>> this is documented in the new developer guide, section on "working with documentation"
>>
>> publican_update pot
>>

> I guess I should read before asking!
>
> In the specific case, I chose to not go through the complexity, and
> simply corrected the xml and pot files manually.
>
> Thanks guys!
>
> -chip

I will make sure to check it and push it to transifex.

Re: Question about correcting a URL within the docs and pot files

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.