Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/18 11:57:35 UTC

Geronimo Tomcat 2.1 clustering - application deployment problems

I have attempted the steps from
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/clustering-configuration-for-jetty.html with
Geronimo Tomcat 2.1.  even though
*org.apache.geronimo.configs/jetty6-clustering-builder-wadi//car
*is running, deploying the sample application resulted in an error given
below:

xml problem for web app .
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: xml problem for web app .
	at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.getTomcatWebApp(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:314)
	at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.createModule(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:207)
	at org.apache.geronimo.web25.deployment.AbstractWebModuleBuilder.createModule(AbstractWebModuleBuilder.java:179)
	at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.SwitchingModuleBuilder.createModule(SwitchingModuleBuilder.java:94)
	at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getDeploymentPlan(EARConfigBuilder.java:307)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:226)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
	at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:116)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment
descriptor: errors:

error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected elements
'context-root@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
work-dir@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
clustering@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0
web-container@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
host@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
cross-context@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
disable-cookies@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
valve-chain@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
listener-chain@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
tomcat-realm@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
manager@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
cluster@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
abstract-naming-entry@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
ejb-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
ejb-local-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
service-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
resource-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
resource-env-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
message-destination@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
security-realm-name@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
service@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2
persistence@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence' instead of
'clustering-wadi@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1'
here

Descriptor:
<xml-fragment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2"
xmlns:tom="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1">
  <dep:environment>
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>org.codehaus.wadi</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>wadi-webapp</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>2.0M3-SNAPSHOT</dep:version>
      <dep:type>war</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>
  </dep:environment>
  <tom:clustering-wadi/>
</xml-fragment>

	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.xmlbeans.XmlBeansUtil.validateDD(XmlBeansUtil.java:187)
	at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder.getTomcatWebApp(TomcatModuleBuilder.java:308)
	... 17 more

The deployment plan I am using is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-1.2">

    <environment>
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.wadi</groupId>
            <artifactId>wadi-webapp</artifactId>
            <version>2.0M3-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </moduleId>
    </environment>

   <clustering-wadi/>

</web-app>

Re: Geronimo Tomcat 2.1 clustering - application deployment problems

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Gianny,

With G Tomcat 2.1 clustering, I sometimes see an error message like the
following:

18:25:46,203 ERROR [StandardManager] Could not acquire session
[31ECCD48F5DEB00E
A4289FBEEC7FDA8A]

What is wrong?

++Vamsi

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Gianny,

It was a mutlicast problem.  After I turned the firewall off (service
iptables stop), the sample app ran as expected.

++Vamsi

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Gianny Damour <

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Gianny,

I notice in the Java System Info portlet that java.net.preferIPv4Stack is
set to true in both the server instances.  I am using bin/geronimo.sh to
start the server.  It must be something to do with multicast then.

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
Hello Vamsi,

\

Re: Geronimo Tomcat 2.1 clustering - application deployment problems

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gianny,

I observe that the sample application does not run as expected when I try
the clustering scenario on FedoraCore.  Application running on each node
displays its own set of numbers starting from 1 with the background color of
the squares being the node.name set at startup.  I observed the same
behavior with G Jetty 2.1 and G Tomcat 2.1 distros.  What is to be done
differently on Linux?

++Vamsi

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Gianny Damour <

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gianny.  The sample works now.

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
Hello Vamsi,