Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Rhodes, Phillip C." <Ph...@alcoa.com> on 2004/01/14 23:55:22 UTC

exec task problem

I am using the ant exec task that is calling a unix script.
Using ant 1.5, the unix script gets to a point where it trys to start a program and my ant script just hangs...
The script command looks like:  (please notice the ampersand)
<snip/>
./startssomeprogram&

I have also tried using ant 1.6 with the spawn="true" attribute on the exec task.
The script just returns immediately and I don't get any feedback.  I do not want the following unix script to start until the previous unix script has returned from processing.  It appears that I can not use spawn for this reason.

Any ideas on how to get my script to return control back to ant, without using the spawn feature?
Thanks!