Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by maroshi <ye...@yahoo.com> on 2014/10/13 13:42:00 UTC

Karaf 3.0.1 etc/shell.init.script Fails run command.

I am trying to initiate some console functionality with etc/shell.init.script

Here is the script:
The result is:

My machine is windowsXp.
This behavior is not consistent. Once in a while it works.
This behavior is on *clean fresh vanilla karaf configuration*, nothing
installed or customized.
It seems as if karaf is still loading all the commands when the shell
starts.
If I run:

It works.
Please assist.

Re: Karaf 3.0.1 etc/shell.init.script Fails run command.

Posted by maroshi <ye...@yahoo.com>.
Problem still persist in karaf 3.0.2

The script is:
-------------------------------------
ld = { log:display $args } ;
lde = { log:exception-display $args } ;
la = { bundle:list -t 0 $args } ;
ls = { service:list $args } ;
cl = { config:list "(service.pid=$args)" } ;
halt = { system:shutdown -h -f $args } ;
help = { *:help $args | more } ;
man = { help $args } ;
log:list = { log:get ALL } ;
watch1 = { bundle:watch  mvn:org.maroshi.sample/sandbox-karaf/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
}
*shell:echo Karaf ready!*
-------------------------------------

the result is:
-------------------------------------
        __ __                  ____
       / //_/____ __________ _/ __/
      / ,<  / __ `/ ___/ __ `/ /_
     / /| |/ /_/ / /  / /_/ / __/
    /_/ |_|\__,_/_/   \__,_/_/

  Apache Karaf (3.0.2)

Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
Hit '<ctrl-d>' or type 'system:shutdown' or 'logout' to shutdown Karaf.

*Error in initialization script: Command not found: shell:echo*
karaf@root()>

Re: Karaf 3.0.1 etc/shell.init.script Fails run command.

Posted by maroshi <ye...@yahoo.com>.
jbonofre wrote

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

it looks like your previous e-mail has not been sent completely (the
script/commands are missing).
Can you send it again please ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB

On 10/13/2014 01:42 PM, maroshi wrote:
> I am trying to initiate some console functionality with etc/shell.init.script
>
> Here is the script:
> The result is:
>

> My machine is windowsXp.
> This behavior is not consistent. Once in a while it works.
> This behavior is on *clean fresh vanilla karaf configuration*, nothing
> installed or customized.
> It seems as if karaf is still loading all the commands when the shell
> starts.
> If I run:
>
> It works.
> Please assist.