Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Rose, John B" <jb...@utk.edu> on 2014/12/19 20:30:31 UTC

[users@httpd] memory-mapping and updating cached content in RAM question

Red Hat 7 Apache 2.4.6
Filesystem is local

How does updating the cache in RAM of frequently viewed pages with MMapFile work if you change sections of
the page frequently, but say 75% of page stays the same?  Like calendar
Items on the page. Or news releases. Since that is common nowadays.

Do we have to restart Apache to update the cache?

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] memory-mapping and updating cached content in RAM question

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Rose, John B <jb...@utk.edu> wrote:
> Do we have to restart Apache to update the cache?

The manual says "When the files have changed on the filesystem at
least a HUP or USR1 signal should be send to the server to re-mmap()
them."