Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2014/06/03 00:19:49 UTC

Denver Barcamp: Week of July 7th

Hi all,

James had a good idea about doing a “hackathon” to clear out a lot of our Coverity bugs. I’d like to ask the community if there’s any interest in this? I’d imagine we do a 2-3 days Barcamp / Hackathon, hosted here in Denver by some friendly sponsors. We have plenty of housing to offer up free lodging between the devs who live here. We would focus on

	* Coverity bugs
	* Clang Analyzer bugs
	* Other stability and security improvements.

If time permits, we can also brainstorm for our upcoming 5.1.0 and 5.2.0 releases, but I’d like to keep it very focused on the items above. I’ve created a Doodle (naturally), please fill it out asap.

	http://doodle.com/s3y9c4246tqb54uv

Cheers,

— Leif

P.s
    Please visit the Doodle to also vote on our upcoming Fall Summit in Europe!

	http://doodle.com/dfb3ga9b34ycqik4

Re: Denver Barcamp: Week of July 7th

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On Jun 2, 2014, at 3:19 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> James had a good idea about doing a “hackathon” to clear out a lot of our Coverity bugs. I’d like to ask the community if there’s any interest in this? I’d imagine we do a 2-3 days Barcamp / Hackathon, hosted here in Denver by some friendly sponsors. We have plenty of housing to offer up free lodging between the devs who live here. We would focus on
>
> 	* Coverity bugs
> 	* Clang Analyzer bugs
> 	* Other stability and security improvements.
>
> If time permits, we can also brainstorm for our upcoming 5.1.0 and 5.2.0 releases, but I’d like to keep it very focused on the items above. I’ve created a Doodle (naturally), please fill it out asap.
>
> 	http://doodle.com/s3y9c4246tqb54uv

I'm in for 2 or 3 days. Frankly our Coverity defect density is embarrassing :-/

Remember, these bugs are easy to work on at any time. I'm happy to grant access to the Coverity project (https://scan.coverity.com/projects/431); just ping me on email or IRC so I know who is asking.