Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Rahul Nanda <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2001/06/08 11:45:01 UTC

'request' command giving errors in XSP

Hi All !

I am having this strange problem with my XSP pages.
All samples and examples of XSPs are working which indicates that the Cocoon
configuration for XSP is working fine.

But,

Only when I use the 'request.getParameterValues' command for reading data
from forms, it gives the following error:

********************

java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for
_form1_xsp.java
29: Undefined variable or class name: request

      String[] name = request.getParameterValues("name");

                      ^

1 error

	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(XSPJavaProcessor.java:146)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:522)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:384)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:166)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Re: 'request' command giving errors in XSP

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Rahul Nanda wrote:

> Hi All !
>
> I am having this strange problem with my XSP pages.
> All samples and examples of XSPs are working which indicates that the Cocoon
> configuration for XSP is working fine.
>
> But,
>
> Only when I use the 'request.getParameterValues' command for reading data
> from forms, it gives the following error:

you need to put your xsp:logic code underneath the inner page's root
element:

<xsp:page
  <page>
    <xsp:logic>String[] name= request.getParameterValues("name");

- donald