Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Stanley Smith <st...@hotmail.com> on 2001/11/09 17:33:42 UTC

Please Help -- How to get the latest (2.1+) Turbine Code

I posted the attached message yesterday and would really appreciate it if
someone could respond to my question.  If I am not clear in my question,
please let me know.  Turbine was recommendend to me by a friend and if I
can't get any support for the framework, then I should really consider
another framework which is supported.

-------

I have downloaded the TDK 2.1 and began to write a new web app using the
Turbine Framework.  However, I have ran into a couple of issues with the
framework.  In looking thru past posts to the mailing lists, I noticed that
others had similar issues and fixes have been made to the Turbine code.

My question is how/where can I get my hands on a more recent copy of the
code that hopefully contains some fixes.  If I need to get the code out CVS,
how does one go about compiling the source code into class files.  Is there
directions for doing this somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Stan

Re: Please Help -- How to get the latest (2.1+) Turbine Code

Posted by Jeff Linwood <je...@greenninja.com>.
Hi,

You'll need to get into CVS to get the latest source code.

There's a general guide to which projects are available under CVS

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html

>From here, you can also get into the CVS repository using a web interface,
which is nice
if you don't want to install CVS just to get one file.

You probably already know how to use CVS, but for completeness, here is a
link
to a good introduction to CVS by Jim Blandy:

http://www.cvshome.org/docs/blandy.html

I don't know of any packaged releases of the latest Turbine source. Some
other
Jakarta Apache projects do automated nightly builds and make them available.

Thanks,
Jeff

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>