Posted to dev@htrace.apache.org by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org> on 2016/09/16 03:58:41 UTC

[VOTE] HTrace 4.2.0-Incubating RC0

HTrace devs,

I've posted the first release candidate here:
http://people.apache.org/~mdrob/htrace-4.2.0-incubating-rc0/

Signed by my key, available here:
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3E48C0C6EF362B9E

The jars have been staged
here:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehtrace-1017

Signed by Stack's key, available here:
https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/htrace/KEYS

These artifacts are based on commit 7c0ae16 available in the git repository.

There's a lot of great stuff in this release, including:
 * Improved developer documentation and javadocs
 * Bug fixes to correct TraceRunnable/Callable construction pulling
incorrect values.
 * A tracing wrapper around SchedulerExecutorService

Full release notes available at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315924&version=12334920

Please vote one of:
[ ] +1 - I have verified and accept...
[ ] +0 - I have reservations, but not strong enough to vote against...
[ ] -1 - Because..., I do not accept...
... these artifacts as the 4.2.0-incubating release of Apache HTrace.

The vote will run for 5 days, ending Tuesday, September 20 23:59:59 US
Eastern Time.

Cheers,
Mike

Re: [VOTE] HTrace 4.2.0-Incubating RC0

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> wrote:

> Perfect, thanks for verifying. Just got back from vacation and had not had
> a chance to test the release candidate yet myself, had only seen the
> "Signed
> by Stack's key" in the vote email and wanted to clarify

No problem Jake. That is sort of weird. Mike is not a committer so he
needed the help of a committer doing steps that required commit-bit: i.e.
staging the mvn bits.

Thanks for taking a look sir.
St.Ack

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
Hey Mike

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Downloaded, checked hash and signature. Unpacked, built, ran all unit
tests. Poked around. Looks good.

St.Ack

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.