Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Sindhi Sindhi <si...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/14 10:01:19 UTC

URL decoding in Apache module

Hi,

I have a C++ filter module written for Apache.

I see that all URL's sent to Apache server are encoded. Does Apache already
do the URL decoding and store it somewhere in the request_rec structure OR
the filter module should explicitly do a URL decoding?

If the filter should do the URL decoding then could you please suggest if
there are any Apache APR API calls I can make to to the decoding?

Thanks a lot.

Re: URL decoding in Apache module

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Sindhi Sindhi <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a C++ filter module written for Apache.
>
> I see that all URL's sent to Apache server are encoded. Does Apache already
> do the URL decoding and store it somewhere in the request_rec structure OR
> the filter module should explicitly do a URL decoding?
>
> If the filter should do the URL decoding then could you please suggest if
> there are any Apache APR API calls I can make to to the decoding?
>
> Thanks a lot.

http://ci.apache.org/projects/httpd/trunk/doxygen/structrequest__rec.html#a778f7883e201095a1d914ab7422635eb

Cheers

Tom