Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hitesh Raghav <Hi...@symantec.com> on 2008/02/18 14:51:09 UTC

JASPER libraries incompatibilities

Hi,

Is there any backward incompatibility in JASPER libraries in Tomcat
(v4.x.y, 5.x.y & 6.x.y)?

If 'YES', could you please share appropriate URL about it.

Thanks,
-Hitesh

RE: JASPER libraries incompatibilities

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Hitesh Raghav [mailto:Hitesh_Raghav@symantec.com]
> Subject: RE: JASPER libraries incompatibilities
>
> Is there any URLs about these backward incompatibilities (i.e.
> Servlet/JSP specs backward incompatibilities)?

The specs themselves usually document incompatibilities.

Servlet spec:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/mrel/jsr154/index2.html

JSP spec:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr245/index.html

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: JASPER libraries incompatibilities

Posted by Hitesh Raghav <Hi...@symantec.com>.
Thank you very much Chris and Chuk.

Regards,
-Hitesh

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: JASPER libraries incompatibilities

Posted by Hitesh Raghav <Hi...@symantec.com>.
Thank you very much Chris for providing detailed analysis about my
queries.
We'll start auditing our tag library.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: JASPER libraries incompatibilities

Posted by Hitesh Raghav <Hi...@symantec.com>.
Hi,

I've web-app developed to run with Tomcat 4.2. It used to work perfectly
fine with Tomcat 4.2.
When same web-app is deployed on Tomcat v5.5.x or v6.0.y, it fails by
throwing NullPointerException.

It works perfectly fine, when we replace JASPER libraries from Tomcat
v4.2 (from <apache-tomcat>\common\lib folder).

=======================================
	type Exception report

	message

	description The server encountered an internal error () that
prevented it from fulfilling this request.

	exception

	java.lang.NullPointerException

org.apache.jasper.runtime.TagHandlerPool.reuse(TagHandlerPool.java:132)

vrts.mgmt.sample.jsp.layouts.mainLayout_jsp._jspService(mainLayout_jsp.j
ava:87)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.jav
a:1069)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProc
essor.java:274)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(Til
esRequestProcessor.java:254)

org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(Tiles
RequestProcessor.java:309)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
279)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java
:686)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:6
56)

vrts.mgmt.sample.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:42)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)

javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

com.veritas.qe.authentication.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(Authenticati
onFilter.java:210)

vrts.tomcat.admin.SecurePortRedirector.doFilter(SecurePortRedirector.jav
a:217)

vrts.tomcat.admin.SecurePortRedirector.doFilter(SecurePortRedirector.jav
a:217)

vrts.tomcat.admin.HTTPMethodBlocker.doFilter(HTTPMethodBlocker.java:160)

	note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the
Apache Tomcat/5.5.26 logs.

Please let me know in case any other details are needed.

Thanks,
-Hitesh