Posted to user@roller.apache.org by jonathan <je...@ryerson.ca> on 2007/03/01 22:16:46 UTC

bulk user creation

Is there a good way to create a large number of users that doesn't
require doing them one by one in the web interface?  Being able to
bulk-add existing users as authors to a specific blog would be very
useful too.

Re: war installation on linux

Posted by Luiz Costa <lu...@sbcglobal.net>.
Interesting! I got the same error, installing on Windows 2K, and
possible because of my lack of experience with Roller, could never find
the problem.

war installation on linux

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.

Re: bulk user creation

Posted by Dmitriy <di...@yahoo.com>.
There's one issue with approach 1. In the properties
files it states:

# Atom-like Admin Publishing Protocol (AAPP) - this is
an experimental admin
# protocol based on ideas from the Atom protocol.
# Intended only for interoperability testing. DO NOT
ENABLE IN PRODUCTION

Why not enable in production?

--- Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com> wrote:

> Well, the short answer is that there is no official
> way to do that.
>
> There are some alternatives though ...
>
> 1. Jeff Blattman has contributed a nice feature
> which allows for
> administrative tasks to be done via a web service
> based on atom.  I've
> never actually used it myself and can't say exactly
> what shape the code
> is in, but it's worth a try.  The service endpoint
> would be /<roller
> ctx>/roller-services/aapp/ and you need to enable it
> by putting this in
> your config file ...
>
> webservices.adminprotocol.enabled=true
>
> Jeff, can you comment on how someone might get setup
> to use this?
>

> 2. The other option is the old school approach, just
> write some of your
> own code to do the job.
>
> -- Allen
>

> Dmitriy wrote:
> > That's a great question. Is automatic asignment to
> > author permission to all or specific blogs
> possible
> > via configuration?
> >
> > --- jonathan <je...@ryerson.ca> wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a good way to create a large number of
> >> users that doesn't
> >> require doing them one by one in the web
> interface?
> >> Being able to
> >> bulk-add existing users as authors to a specific
> >> blog would be very
> >> useful too.

> > Looking for earth-friendly autos?
> > Browse Top Cars by "Green Rating" at Yahoo! Autos'
> Green Center.
> > http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.