Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by snowcrash+spamassassin <sc...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/21 17:46:24 UTC

--lint reports "failed to parse line, skipping: _ _2_ _R_TEXT_"; can't find the problem

i have installed,

	> spamassassin --version
		SpamAssassin version 3.1.8-r454679
		  running on Perl version 5.8.8

after a recent sa-update, --lint returns,

	[7718] dbg: plugin: fixed relative path:
/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates/3.001008/updates_spamassassin_org/80_additional.cf
	[7718] dbg: config: using
"/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates/3.001008/updates_spamassassin_org/80_additional.cf"
for included file
	[7718] dbg: config: read file
/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates/3.001008/updates_spamassassin_org/80_additional.cf
	[7718] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: _ _2_ _R_TEXT_

but,

	> cd /etc/mail/spamassassin/updates/3.001008/updates_spamassassin_org
	> ls 80_additional.cf
		80_additional.cf
	> grep -i R_TEXT 80_additional.cf

and, even,

	> cd /etc/mail/spamassassin
	> grep -rlni R_TEXT .

suggestions as to what/where the issue may be?

thanks.

RE: --lint reports "failed to parse line, skipping: _ _2_ _R_TEXT_"; can't find the problem

Posted by Dan Horne <da...@taisweb.net>.
> it turns out that there was a hidden file in the same
> directory as my "local.cf" named,
>
>          "._local.cf"
>
> filled with garbage, which the --lint was loading/reading.
>
> deleting it makes the --lint failure go away.

This looks like the type of hidden files Apple computers leave
everywhere on my network filesystems.  It seems like every file a Mac
sees that isn't on a native Mac filesystem, it creates one of these
hidden files named ._filename.ext.

Very annoying, and I wish I could ban Macs from the network but the boss
won't give it up.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

SPAM-FREE 1.0(2476)

Re: --lint reports "failed to parse line, skipping: _ _2_ _R_TEXT_"; can't find the problem

Posted by snowcrash+spamassassin <sc...@gmail.com>.
> >       [7718] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: _ _2_ _R_TEXT_
>
> No idea what that's about.  The underscores could be other random/non-print
> chars btw.

it turns out that there was a hidden file in the same directory as my
"local.cf" named,

         "._local.cf"

filled with garbage, which the --lint was loading/reading.

deleting it makes the --lint failure go away.

i have NO idea where that came from.  _i_ most certainly did not create it.

i never would have thought to look for a _hidden_ *.cf file; i
stumbled across it.

could we, perhaps, have an option (at ./configure time, maybe?) to
TURN OFF loading of hidden .cf's?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 08:46:24AM -0800, snowcrash+spamassassin wrote:
> 	[7718] dbg: plugin: fixed relative path:
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/updates/3.001008/updates_spamassassin_org/80_additional.cf

/etc/mail/spamassassin/updates ?

> 	[7718] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: _ _2_ _R_TEXT_

No idea what that's about.  The underscores could be other random/non-print
chars btw.  I just did an update which worked fine.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
Windows: Where do you want to go today?