Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Answer Agrawal <yr...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/12 20:03:57 UTC

How to stop a mapreduce job from terminal running on Hadoop Cluster?

To run a job we use the command
$ hadoop jar example.jar inputpath outputpath
If job is so time taken and we want to stop it in middle then which command
is used? Or is there any other way to do that?

Thanks,

Re: How to stop a mapreduce job from terminal running on Hadoop Cluster?

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
you can use
$ hadoop job -kill <jobid>

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Rohith Sharma K S <
rohithsharmaks@huawei.com> wrote:

>  In addition to below options, in the Hadoop-2.7(yet to release in couple
> of weeks) the user friendly option provided for killing the applications
> from Web UI.
>

> In the application block , *‘Kill Application’* button has been provided
> for killing applications.
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Rohith Sharma K S

*Thanks & Regards *

*Unmesha Sreeveni U.B*
*Hadoop, Bigdata Developer*
*Centre for Cyber Security | Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham*
http://www.unmeshasreeveni.blogspot.in/

Re: How to stop a mapreduce job from terminal running on Hadoop Cluster?

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
you can use

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
you can use