Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Thielen <da...@thielen.com> on 2002/06/25 22:35:43 UTC

Tomcat, IIS, and

Hi;

I've installed Tomcat 4.0 and it runs fine in standalone mode.

I've followed the following instructions for connection to IIS:
http://www.verysimple.com/scripts/support_tc_iis.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html

And the dll won't load. I think the problem is that the install did not give me the files:
workers.properties
uriworkermap.properties

(Also the install did not give me a suggested .reg file for setting the registry).

Does anyone have a sample standard of these two files I can use? And any idea why they did not install?

thanks - dave

Re: Tomcat, IIS, and

Posted by David Thielen <da...@thielen.com>.
What does the following mean: thanks - dave

To generate the global IIS directives (including the registry file), you
define a Server Listener:

     <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.IISConfig" />

To configure the individual context information, you then either define a
Host Listener or a Context Listener depending on if you are using virutal
hosting or not. Defining a Host Listener will include all of the
configurations for the Contexts under this host. Using the Context Listener
allows you the flexability to configure the Context the same way even if it
is being served from several hosts.

Except for the placement of the <Listener ...>, the syntax is virtualy
identical for the Host Listener and the Context Listener. The examples that
follow will demonstrate the functionality for a Host Listener. The simplest
configuration is:

         <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appbase="webapps" >
      <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.IISConfig"
          append="true" />