Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/09 12:19:03 UTC

MyFaces 2.3 Status

Hi,

i would like to invest more time in the JSF 2.3 branch.
I collected the new features from here:
http://arjan-tijms.omnifaces.org/p/jsf-23.html#1238

Features done or in progress:
    CDI alignment
        Injection and EL resolving of JSF artifacts
        Injection in more JSF artifacts
        CDI compatible @ManagedProperty
    Networking / AJAX
        WebSocket integration
    Components
        Component Search Expression framework

Features TODO:
    CDI alignment
        Native managed beans annotations deprecated
    Lifecycle
        System event published after view rendered
    Networking / AJAX
        Ajax method invocation
        Execute javascript from server at completion of AJAX response
        Updating multiple forms via AJAX
    Conversion / Validation
        Class level bean validation
        JDK 8 time support in f:convertDateTime
    Java API
        Support for the Iterable interface in UIData and UIRepeat
        Support for the Map interface in UIData and UIRepeat
        Support for custom types in UIData and UIRepeat
        Default getWrapped method for FacesWrapper implementations
    Components
        Freely placeable radio button component
        styleClass attribute on h:column
        rowClass attribute on h:dataTable
        Iteration in UIRepeat without backing model
        Automatic conversion in UISelectMany for Collection
        Importing constants into EL namespace
        Official spec recognition for dynamic component tree manipulation
    Views and Resources
        Basic support for exact mapping (extensionless URLs)
        Obtaining list of all view resources
        Standardised resource rendered tracking
        Resource loading for components dynamically added via ajax
    Type-safety
        Generics for ExternalContext#getInitParamterMap
        Generics for Converter and Validator interfaces
        Constants for "jsf.js", "javax.faces" and postback parameters
    Configuration
        Facelets default to non-hot reload in production
        .xhtml added to default mappings

I will create issues in jira and probably start this week with some smaller
features.

Regards,
Thomas

Re: MyFaces 2.3 Status

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
(one of the most annoying things are missing @Override and other common
warnings, i will check them first)

Re: MyFaces 2.3 Status

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas

To get a better idea about what's pending for 2.3, below there is result of:

mvn -PcheckCompatibility install

Comparing against RI 2.3.0-m09. Please note the list include some bugs in
the
spec too, but it gives you a good idea about where to look at for changes.

The package javax.faces.component and javax.faces.component.html contains
some small/easy changes related to renderers and other stuff, that could
raise your attention.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

[ERROR] 8001: javax.faces.application.ApplicationMap: Klasse
javax.faces.applica
tion.ApplicationMap wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ResourceHandler: Method 'public
java.util.
stream.Stream getViewResources(javax.faces.context.FacesContext,
java.lang.Strin
g, int, javax.faces.application.ResourceVisitOption[])' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ResourceHandler: Method 'public
java.util.
stream.Stream getViewResources(javax.faces.context.FacesContext,
java.lang.Strin
g, javax.faces.application.ResourceVisitOption[])' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ResourceHandler: Method 'public
boolean is
ResourceRendered(javax.faces.context.FacesContext, java.lang.String,
java.lang.S
tring)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ResourceHandler: Method 'public void
markR
esourceRendered(javax.faces.context.FacesContext, java.lang.String,
java.lang.St
ring)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ResourceHandlerWrapper: Method
'public jav
a.util.stream.Stream getViewResources(javax.faces.context.FacesContext,
java.lan
g.String, int, javax.faces.application.ResourceVisitOption[])' wurde
entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ResourceHandlerWrapper: Method
'public jav
a.util.stream.Stream getViewResources(javax.faces.context.FacesContext,
java.lan
g.String, javax.faces.application.ResourceVisitOption[])' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ResourceHandlerWrapper: Method
'public boo
lean isResourceRendered(javax.faces.context.FacesContext, java.lang.String,
java
.lang.String)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ResourceHandlerWrapper: Method
'public voi
d markResourceRendered(javax.faces.context.FacesContext, java.lang.String,
java.
lang.String)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 8001: javax.faces.application.ResourceVisitOption: Klasse
javax.faces.ap
plication.ResourceVisitOption wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ViewHandler: Method 'public
java.util.stre
am.Stream getViews(javax.faces.context.FacesContext, java.lang.String)'
wurde en
tfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ViewHandler: Method 'public
java.util.stre
am.Stream getViews(javax.faces.context.FacesContext, java.lang.String,
int)' wur
de entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ViewHandlerWrapper: Method 'public
java.ut
il.stream.Stream getViews(javax.faces.context.FacesContext,
java.lang.String)' w
urde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.application.ViewHandlerWrapper: Method 'public
java.ut
il.stream.Stream getViews(javax.faces.context.FacesContext,
java.lang.String, in
t)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 8001: javax.faces.component.UIImportConstants: Klasse
javax.faces.compon
ent.UIImportConstants wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 6011: javax.faces.component.UIInput: Field
ALWAYS_PERFORM_VALIDATION_WHE
N_REQUIRED_IS_TRUE has been removed, but it was previously a constant
[ERROR] 6011: javax.faces.component.UIInput: Field
EMPTY_STRING_AS_NULL_PARAM_NA
ME has been removed, but it was previously a constant
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.UISelectOne: Method 'public
java.lang.String
 getGroup()' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.UISelectOne: Method 'public void
setGroup(ja
va.lang.String)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 6011: javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot: Field
VIEWROOT_PHASE_LISTENER_QU
EUES_EXCEPTIONS_PARAM_NAME has been removed, but it was previously a
constant
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot: Method 'public
java.util.List ge
tComponentResources(javax.faces.context.FacesContext)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.UIWebsocket: Method 'public
java.lang.Intege
r getPort()' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.UIWebsocket: Method 'public void
setPort(jav
a.lang.Integer)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlColumn: Method 'public
java.lang.St
ring getStyleClass()' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlColumn: Method 'public void
setStyl
eClass(java.lang.String)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 6001: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlColumn$PropertyKeys: Das Feld
style
Class wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlDataTable: Method 'public
java.lang
.String getRowClass()' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlDataTable: Method 'public void
setR
owClass(java.lang.String)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 6001: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlDataTable$PropertyKeys: Das
Feld ro
wClass wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlOutcomeTargetButton: Method
'public
 boolean isDisabled()' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlOutcomeTargetButton: Method
'public
 void setDisabled(boolean)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 6001:
javax.faces.component.html.HtmlOutcomeTargetButton$PropertyKeys: D
as Feld disabled wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid: Method 'public
java.lang
.String getRowClass()' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid: Method 'public void
setR
owClass(java.lang.String)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 6001: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid$PropertyKeys: Das
Feld ro
wClass wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlSelectOneRadio: Method 'public
java
.lang.String getGroup()' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlSelectOneRadio: Method 'public
void
 setGroup(java.lang.String)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 6001: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlSelectOneRadio$PropertyKeys:
Das Fe
ld group wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 8001: javax.faces.context.RequestCookieMap: Klasse
javax.faces.context.R
equestCookieMap wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 8001: javax.faces.context.SessionMap: Klasse
javax.faces.context.Session
Map wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 8001: javax.faces.model.FacesDataModel: Klasse
javax.faces.model.FacesDa
taModel wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 8001: javax.faces.model.IterableDataModel: Klasse
javax.faces.model.Iter
ableDataModel wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 6011: javax.faces.validator.BeanValidator: Field
ENABLE_VALIDATE_WHOLE_B
EAN_PARAM_NAME has been removed, but it was previously a constant
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.view.ViewDeclarationLanguage: Method 'public
java.util
.stream.Stream getViews(javax.faces.context.FacesContext,
java.lang.String)' wur
de entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.view.ViewDeclarationLanguage: Method 'public
java.util
.stream.Stream getViews(javax.faces.context.FacesContext, java.lang.String,
int)
' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.view.ViewDeclarationLanguageFactory: Method
'public ja
va.util.List getAllViewDeclarationLanguages()' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.view.ViewDeclarationLanguageWrapper: Method
'public ja
va.util.stream.Stream getViews(javax.faces.context.FacesContext,
java.lang.Strin
g)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.view.ViewDeclarationLanguageWrapper: Method
'public ja
va.util.stream.Stream getViews(javax.faces.context.FacesContext,
java.lang.Strin
g, int)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 8001: javax.faces.view.ViewMap: Klasse javax.faces.view.ViewMap
wurde en
tfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.view.ViewMetadata: Method 'public
java.util.Collection
 getImportConstants(javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 7002: javax.faces.view.facelets.FaceletCache: Method 'public void
setCac
heFactories(javax.faces.view.facelets.FaceletCache$MemberFactory,
javax.faces.vi
ew.facelets.FaceletCache$MemberFactory)' wurde entfernt
[ERROR] 6011: javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet: Field
DISABLE_FACESSERVLET_TO_XHT
ML_PARAM_NAME has been removed, but it was previously a constant

Re: MyFaces 2.3 Status

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: MyFaces 2.3 Status