Posted to olio-user@incubator.apache.org by "Fang, Xiang" <xi...@intel.com> on 2008/12/09 08:08:03 UTC

questions about RubyOnRails (ROR) implementations

Hi all,

I want to run Olio RubyOnRails (ROR) implementations, but I have following issues:

 1.  there is no ROR setup documents.
 2.  in the faban --> web server --> server type, I can only choose Java and PHP, there is no ROR.

Does anyone run olio with ROR successfully on Linux? if you have, please help to give the documents on how to run it.

Thanks very much,
Xiang

Re: questions about RubyOnRails (ROR) implementations

Posted by Akara Sucharitakul <Ak...@Sun.COM>.
We are putting together the docs at this time. You need the driver for
RoR and choose <blank> on the server type as we do not yet have
management facilities for the RoR infrastructure.

-Akara

Posted by Shanti Subramanyam <Sh...@Sun.COM>.
If you download the RoR kit from
http://wikis.sun.com/display/BluePrints/Web+2.0+Scalable+Performance+Toolkit

that kit includes some rudimentary documentation (in a README) in
addition to setup scripts for Debian and OpenSolaris. The setup scripts
will help install all of the dependencies required to get the app up and
running.

We should hopefully have the full setup.html doc done soon. Meanwhile,
we'll help as best we can with any issues you run into.

Shanti