Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tito Eritja <ex...@e-inventa.net> on 2004/08/06 12:23:17 UTC

mapping an action twice with Xdoclet

Hi all.

I have to map the same Action twice, is possible to do it with Xdoclet
in the same java file? (by now, I write the first mapping with
@struts.action and the second with merge file struts-action.xml

thanks

tito

RE: mapping an action twice with Xdoclet

Posted by Tito Eritja <ex...@e-inventa.net>.
Hi David

Sorry... I haven't explained myself well... Xdoclet writes the two
action in config file, but the problem comes with
@struts.action-forward and  @struts.action-exception, as Xdoclet writes
the forward and the exception in each action.

if I write something like that:

* @struts.action
 *      name="adminUsersForm"
 *      path="/loadAdminUsersForm"
 *      parameter="load"
 *      validate="false"
 *
 * @struts.action-exception
 *   type="net.inventa.online.model.user.exception.UserManagerException"
 *    key="userRegistration.userManager.exception"
 *    path="/userRegistrationException.jsp"
 *
 * @struts.action-forward
 *      name="success"
 *      path="/adminUsersForm.jsp"
 *
 * @struts.action
 *    name="adminUsersForm"
 *    path="/submitAdminUsersForm"
 *    parameter="submit"
 *
 * @struts.action-forward
 *      name="success"
 *      path="/loadAdminUsersForm.do"
 *
 */
public class AdminUsersAction extends Action {
[...]

it generates this xml file

<action
      path="/loadAdminUsersForm"
      type="net.inventa.online.controller.action.AdminUsersAction"
      name="adminUsersForm"
      scope="request"
      parameter="load"
      unknown="false"
      validate="false"

      <exception
        key="userRegistration.userManager.exception"

type="net.inventa.online.model.user.exception.UserManagerException"
        path="/userRegistrationException.jsp"
      />
      <forward
        name="success"
        path="/adminUsersForm.jsp"
        redirect="false"
      />
      <forward
        name="success"
        path="/loadAdminUsersForm.do"
        redirect="false"
      />
    </action>
    <action
      path="/submitAdminUsersForm"
      type="net.inventa.online.controller.action.AdminUsersAction"
      name="adminUsersForm"
      scope="request"
      parameter="submit"
      unknown="false"
      validate="true"

      <exception
        key="userRegistration.userManager.exception"

type="net.inventa.online.model.user.exception.UserManagerException"
        path="/userRegistrationException.jsp"
      />
      <forward
        name="success"
        path="/adminUsersForm.jsp"
        redirect="false"
      />
      <forward
        name="success"
        path="/loadAdminUsersForm.do"
        redirect="false"
      />
    </action>

And this is not what I was expecting ;o( What I'm doing wrong?)

thanks for your time

tito