Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gordon Cody <gc...@zafinlabs.com> on 2011/01/07 17:14:08 UTC

reconciling svn repository permissions vs maven trunk/tags/branches

Hello List

Svn repositories allow for access permissions to be set at the directory
level.

Maven seems to expect that developers have access to the entire repository.

Is there a way to reconcile these differences such that some people (for
example
junior, qa or non technical people have access only to certain portions of
the repo?

Regards, Gord
gcody@zafinlabs.com

Re: reconciling svn repository permissions vs maven trunk/tags/branches

Posted by Gordon Cody <gc...@zafinlabs.com>.
Hello

Our svn repos are configured with only trunk/tags/branches
at the top level. If I remember correctly this is recommended
by maven.

I suppose in theory there is no reason not to have other
top level folders as long as maven ignores them.
Is anyone doing this?

Our developers need access to any active branches
and the trunk. They are also allowed to create their own
tags as long as they dont collide with release tags.

We now have documenters/testers/mgrs that are not
experienced with svn so I was asked to investigate
limiting their access. Unless there is a nice ui to manage
this it seems to me like it could quickly turn into
an administrative blackhole.

I really appreciate your mentioning that client bug btw, that
would have caught me (given our version)

Regards, Gord
gcody@zafinlabs.com

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

--