Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Weiss <sw...@aamc.org> on 2000/07/01 06:50:06 UTC

Re: Bug Reporting Procedure?

getSession() does not always return a *new* HttpSession (in my
experience, using 3.1) but it should always return *a* session object, a
new one only if one doesn't exist. If you don't want a session returned
if one doesn't already exist, use get getSession(false).

-Steve

Wyn Easton wrote:

> -----Note to Craig R. McClanahan------
>
> Hi Craig,
>
> Our development group has found what they think is a
> couple of bugs in tomcat's servlet engine after
> building and running tomcat for Unix.
>
> They tell me that getSession() always returns a new
> session object.
> The other problem involves absolute vs. relative URLs
> no being resolved correctly.
>
> Anyway, My question is how do we report bugs on the
> mailing list since Bugzilla is not working?
>
> Thanks.
>
> =====
> Wyn Easton
> wyn_easton@yahoo.com

Steve Weiss      Association of American Medical Colleges
(202)828-0428    mailto:sweiss@aamc.org    http://www.aamc.org