Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Bruce Jackson <Br...@myriadgroup.com> on 2017/03/01 10:47:58 UTC

Component annotations question

Hi All

This might be a super-dumb question, but where can I find a jar that exports the org.osgi.service.component.annotations package and implements it?
The felix downloads page lists these downloads:

SCR (Declarative Services)
SCR Annotations
SCR bnd Plugin
SCR Compat
SCR DS Annotations
SCR Ext Anno
SCR Generator

…but none of the jars export the package above.

Thanks

Bruce

*** DISCLAIMER *** This message, including attachments, is intended solely for the addressee indicated in this message and is strictly confidential or otherwise privileged. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person) : - (1) please immediately (i) notify the sender by reply email and (ii) delete this message and attachments, - (2) any use, copy or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email messages of this kind, please advise Myriad Group AG by reply e-mail immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by Myriad Group AG unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.

Re: Component annotations question

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bruce Jackson wrote
> This bundle (org.osgi.service.component.annotations) is for compile-time only use. Presumably then, when I\u2019m writing my own bundle in Eclipse I should mark the annotations bundle import as being optional?

No :) you should have no import for that package. The annotations have a
retention policy of class, so they are not needed at all at runtime.
Usually the tooling does not generate an import for such a package.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Component annotations question

Posted by Bruce Jackson <Br...@myriadgroup.com>.
This bundle (org.osgi.service.component.annotations) is for compile-time only use. Presumably then, when I’m writing my own bundle in Eclipse I should mark the annotations bundle import as being optional?

Best regards

Bruce

On 01/03/2017, 10:57, "Bruce Jackson" <Br...@myriadgroup.com> wrote:

    Thanks Carsten.
    I has assumed (wrongly) that this would be part of one of the Felix downloads.

    On 01/03/2017, 10:55, "Carsten Ziegeler" <cz...@apache.org> wrote:

        Hi,

        this jar contains the annotations:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.osgi</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.osgi.service.component.annotations</artifactId>
            <version>1.3.0</version>
        </dependency>

        They are processed at build time. If you're using Maven then e.g. the
        bundle plugin does this for you

        Regards
        Carsten

        Bruce Jackson wrote
        > Hi All
        >
        > This might be a super-dumb question, but where can I find a jar that exports the org.osgi.service.component.annotations package and implements it?
        > The felix downloads page lists these downloads:
        >
        > SCR (Declarative Services)
        > SCR Annotations
        > SCR bnd Plugin
        > SCR Compat
        > SCR DS Annotations
        > SCR Ext Anno
        > SCR Generator
        >
        > …but none of the jars export the package above.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Bruce
        >
        > *** DISCLAIMER *** This message, including attachments, is intended solely for the addressee indicated in this message and is strictly confidential or otherwise privileged. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person) : - (1) please immediately (i) notify the sender by reply email and (ii) delete this message and attachments, - (2) any use, copy or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet email messages of this kind, please advise Myriad Group AG by reply e-mail immediately. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by Myriad Group AG unless otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.

        Carsten Ziegeler
        Adobe Research Switzerland
        cziegeler@apache.org

    ?B�KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCB�?�?[��X��ܚX�K??K[XZ[?�?\�\��][��X��ܚX�P?�[?^?�\?X�?K�ܙ�B��܈?Y??]?[ۘ[??��[X[�?�??K[XZ[?�?\�\��Z?[???�[?^?�\?X�?K�ܙ�B

Re: Component annotations question

Posted by Bruce Jackson <Br...@myriadgroup.com>.
Thanks Carsten.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.