Posted to user@flink.apache.org by avivros <av...@iqpiot.com> on 2017/12/19 08:02:10 UTC

Flink support for Microsoft Windows

Hi All,

Does Flink fully supports MS Windows?
Is anyone running Flink on MS Windows in Production environment?

Regards,
Aviv

Re: Flink support for Microsoft Windows

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
What i do know is that you can run a Flink cluster on a single machine,
submit jobs etc, run the webUI and stuff. You can use the plain cmd,
cygwin or WSL. You can develop on/against Flink on Windows, run the
majority of tests and execute jobs in the IDE.

I can't really tell how well it works in a production environment,
specifically whether it works properly in a distributed setting and how
well it interacts with hadoop, as i have never tried that out. The
RocksDB statebackend may not work on windows, at the very least tests
that use it fail categorically.

In other words, for developing jobs we're in a fairly good state, for
operating a production ready Flink cluster we do not have hard data.

Note that we do not have CI for Windows; I'm somewhat filling that role
i guess. We investigated this at some point but got side-tracked since
the Travis CI was breaking apart at the time.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.