Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mclaudio76 <cl...@limontainformatica.it> on 2014/12/30 11:24:00 UTC

[Active MQ 5.10] [Bug?] Messages aren't dequeued when wildcards are used.

Hi there,

I need your precious help again. Scenario: I want to listen to all Advisory
topics, read messages and, at the moment, I need only to print them.

I wrote this code:

private static String ADVISORY_TOPIC = "ActiveMQ.Advisory.>";

ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://server:port");
        ActiveMQConnection connection = (ActiveMQConnection)
connectionFactory.createConnection();
        connection.setExceptionListener(new ExceptionListener() {
        @Override
            public void onException(JMSException jmse) {
                System.err.println(jmse);
            }
        });
        connection.start();
        Session session                  = connection.createSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
        ActiveMQTopic   advisorTopic     = (ActiveMQTopic)
session.createTopic(ADVISORY_TOPIC);
        MessageConsumer consumer         =
session.createConsumer(advisorTopic);
        consumer.setMessageListener(new MessageListener() {
         @Override
            public void onMessage(Message msg) {
                System.out.println(msg);

            }
        });

    }

This code works OK with respect to receiving messages: indeed I receive and
display messages from any advisory topic. The problem is that in ActiveMQ
console I do not see any message to be dequeued.

Any hints ? Is that a bug ?

Thanks in advance for your help.