Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/03 00:45:06 UTC

Re: Gradle Support for Apache NetBeans

On 12/30/18 10:22 AM, Jan Lahoda wrote:
> Hi Laszlo,
>
> It will be great to have Gradle support - thanks for that!
>
> Regarding the:
> groovy/gradle/netbeans-gradle-tooling/gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.jar
>
> I don't think that can be in the source distro ("compiled code not
> allowed"), but it shouldn't be too problematic to download that during
> build as well, right?
I've checked a few Apache projects how they are solving this issue, then
as of we have Ant as a wrapper around the Gradle phase, I added some
tweaks to download the wrapper from Gradle's git repo. So that concern
has been solved.

Posted by Javier Ortiz <ja...@gmail.com>.
This is the only missing piece for the stuff I use most. Right now this is
the only reason I still have 8.2 around.