Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2019/10/01 16:49:39 UTC

Re: Attempting another 1.5.0 RC next week - commit any pending work for this version

HBASE-23101 blocks. I'm not sure how common bulk load / hfile replication
is enabled, but can't in good conscience release with known bug where if in
use it's easy to configure a replication loop. I could be convinced to move
forward anyway if:
- A warning in the release notes and announcement is sufficient. (I'm not
convinced.)
- A patch is applied that disables bulk load replication until HBASE-23101
is committed.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: Attempting another 1.5.0 RC next week - commit any pending work for this version

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
I opted to wait until Monday because there was some concurrent activity
when I went to make the RC. Please flush all pending branch-1 work by
Monday. If it is not important no need to rush it, we can get it in to a
new patch or minor release later.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: Attempting another 1.5.0 RC next week - commit any pending work for this version

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
No more blockers.