Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2014/03/05 15:33:22 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Any23

Anything To Triples (Any23) is a library, a web service and a command
line tool that extracts structured data in RDF format from a variety
of Web documents.

Project Releases

The last release of Any23 (0.9.0) was on 3rd November 2013.

Overall Project Activity since last report

Project activity has been very quiet again. There has been one
proposed fix for a new RDFa compliant parser and some community
members have been trying this out very recently.
No issues have been fixed however and the process of proposing parts
of the codebase to the Apache Tika community is the main focus.
One issue which is currently being worked on (and nearly complete)
is to migrate the 'mime' module over to Apache Tika. Please see
the below Jira ticket.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1208.
Due to interest/committer resources from within Any23 progress
on this issue is slower than preferred HOWEVER it is NOT dead
in the water.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

Chris Mattmann was added back to the PMC on Wed, 15th May 2013.

There has been no community development since we last reported.

Changes to PMC & Committers

Nothing to report.

Other content:

It is obvious that Any23 is in dire straits as far as community
involvement is concerned. As a project with very few active committers
, it would be a positive move for the board to propose whether a move
towards the attic should be initiated. The project does not suffer from
remaining as it is, however the code migration to Tika is taking longer
than expected therefore some guidance would be appreciated in order
for us to make an informed decision.

--

            http://people.apache.org/~lewismc || @hectorMcSpector ||
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney

               Apache Gora V.P || Apache Nutch PMC || Apache Any23 PMC