Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/09 18:40:56 UTC

Reg: ACLS

Hi All,
I have a question here, Does Kafka support ACL's with out kerberos/SSL?

Any info on this would be greatly helpful.

Thanks

Re: Reg: ACLS

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Yes, that's correct.

Ismael

Re: Reg: ACLS

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
The default principal for Plaintext transport is  "ANONYMOUS".

Re: Reg: ACLS

Posted by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Reg: ACLS

Posted by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashish, Ismael

Re: Reg: ACLS

Posted by Ashish Singh <as...@cloudera.com>.
Ismael, thanks for the correction. I assumed the question was targeted for
without any security enabled, but yea even then IP based auth is possible.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 11:01 AM, Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> wrote:

> It is possible to use ACLs with IPs or other SASL mechanisms (PLAIN for
> example). So Kerberos and SSL are not required (although commonly used).
>
> Ismael
>
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 6:59 PM, Ashish Singh <as...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > No it does not. Without kerberos or ssl, all requests will appear to come
> > from anonymous user, and as long as a user is not identified it is not
> > possible to do authorization on.
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 10:40 AM, BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > > I have a question here, Does Kafka support ACL's with out kerberos/SSL?
> > >
> > > Any info on this would be greatly helpful.
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > >

> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ashish

Ashish

Re: Reg: ACLS

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Re: Reg: ACLS

Posted by Ashish Singh <as...@cloudera.com>.
Hey,

wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a question here, Does Kafka support ACL's with out kerberos/SSL?
>
> Any info on this would be greatly helpful.
>

> Thanks

Ashish