Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Christian López Espínola <pe...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/04 10:44:12 UTC

Connection refused using EmbeddedSolrServer in a web site

Hi all,

Is possible starting a EmbeddedSolrServer in a web site or is only
available for desktop apps?

I'm facing "Connection refused: connect" exceptions when trying to
create a EmbeddedSolrServer using a local url (C:\mydir, using
Windows).

Thanks in advance.

--
Cheers,

Christian López Espínola <penyaskito>

Re: Connection refused using EmbeddedSolrServer in a web site

Posted by Christian López Espínola <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erik,

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
> EmbeddedSolrServer is only accessible through API calls, not through a URL.
>  It is strongly recommended to run Solr through the WAR file, for several
> reasons including replication and distributed search features that only work
> over HTTP.

I was using API calls, but it fails. I'm using 1.3.
If I make a java console program, it works nice. But embedding on my
webapp is giving problems like the said before.

My main goal embedding solr is making devs life easier, because they
don't need to have solr installed on their development machines, but
using it as a maven dependency transparent to them.
We are in early stage of development.

How do you usually do this? All your team member have solr in their machines?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.