Posted to users@rave.apache.org by ra...@onticage.com on 2013/02/20 00:53:50 UTC

rave-mongodb compile failure

First time user/setup.  I am using maven (3.0.3) and java (1.6.0_20) but
getting a build failure on the rave-mongodb component.

[ERROR]
/my/path/rave/trunk/rave-components/rave-mongodb/src/main/java/org/apache/rave/portal/repository/impl/MongoModelTemplate.java:[79,39]
type parameters of <T>T cannot be determined; no unique maximal instance
exists for type variable T with upper bounds E,java.lang.Object

I just started following the Getting Started directions here:
http://rave.apache.org/source.html

1. svn co
2. mvn install

Any insights?  I don't really intend to use mongodb for persistence anyway
but didn't want to remove the dependency from the pom if this is something
silly I'm tripping myself over.

It looks like this code was changed a bit in the last few months, not sure
if these are relevant yet...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11747020/error-type-parameters-of-tt-cannot-be-determined-during-maven-install

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5666027/why-does-the-compiler-state-no-unique-maximal-instance-exists

Thanks.

Re: rave-mongodb compile failure

Posted by ra...@onticage.com.
Thanks Chris -- using java 1.7 I was able to get a successful build.

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.