Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lucas Zamboulis <lu...@dcs.bbk.ac.uk> on 2004/07/22 21:49:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 creates performance problems after upgrading from win2000 to winxp

Hi,

I use Apache 2.0.48 together with php4. I never had a problem with the
server. However, when my admin upgraded my win2000 OS to winXP I immediately
started having serious performance problems (CPU usage goes to 100% even for
the simplest tasks - checking e-mails).

The reason I am positive that the apache server is to blame for this is that
(after checking all other programs I have installed on my computer) I  shut
down the apache service, then rebooted, and then I did not experience the
problem any more.

Note that after the reboot, when I manually restarted the service, I did not
experience the same problem right-away; it took like 5-10 minutes to get the
same problem again.

Do you have any idea what might be causing the problem and how I can resolve
it?

Many thanks,
Lucas

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 creates performance problems after upgrading from win2000 to winxp

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:49:00 +0100, Lucas Zamboulis <lu...@dcs.bbk.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Apache 2.0.48 together with php4. I never had a problem with the
> server. However, when my admin upgraded my win2000 OS to winXP I immediately
> started having serious performance problems (CPU usage goes to 100% even for
> the simplest tasks - checking e-mails).
>
> The reason I am positive that the apache server is to blame for this is that
> (after checking all other programs I have installed on my computer) I  shut
> down the apache service, then rebooted, and then I did not experience the
> problem any more.
>
> Note that after the reboot, when I manually restarted the service, I did not
> experience the same problem right-away; it took like 5-10 minutes to get the
> same problem again.
>
> Do you have any idea what might be causing the problem and how I can resolve
> it?

Start here:
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/README.html#problems

Joshua.