Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Cristiano Gavião <cv...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/08 17:06:23 UTC

How to deal with dependencies that need more info

Hello,

I'm developing a maven plugin to handle a kind of artifact to be
installed in my system.

When declaring a dependency I need to set an attribute "start-order:=1"
that tells me how I will install such dependency.

Could someone give a tip how could I handle this case ?

thanks

book.book

Re: How to deal with dependencies that need more info

Posted by Cristiano Gavião <cv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jörg,

I got the point now.

thanks for the suggestion.

regards,

Cristiano

2013/6/10 Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>

> Cristiano Gavião wrote:
>
> > Hi Wayne,
> >
> > Let me explain a bit what I'm trying to achieve.
> > I've created a plugin where I've defined a new packaging type. it uses
> the
> > declared dependencies to create a kind of manifest file called Subsystem
> > manifest.
> >
> > A subsystem can be composed by one ore more components and each one could
> > have its own start-order attribute depending on the subsystem it is being
> > used. So I can't set that in the component manifest.
>
> The normal way to add such info is in the configuration section of your
> plugin. Yes, you will have to repeat GAV coordinates, but you will not be
> able to "enhance" the dependency graph with private information.
>
> - Jörg

"Tudo vale a pena se a alma não é pequena..."

Re: How to deal with dependencies that need more info

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.

Posted by Cristiano Gavião <cv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wayne,

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.