Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Betty Chang <be...@portalwave.com> on 2001/01/31 21:21:32 UTC

Question about CDATA's data -- why does it get processed?

Hi all -- Why is it that a CDATA section in the XML file seems to get processed?

For example -- If I put an ampersand in the CDATA section, and then in the XSL
I use {string()} to get the string of the that element,  the ampersand gets turned into "&amp" in the transformed data?   I thought all CDATA stuff gets processed as is.

Thanks

Betty

Portal Wave, Inc.
The Fastest Track to Integrated e-Business
www.portalwave.com