Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2020/04/14 10:35:18 UTC

[ARTICLE] Working on an article for german SPS Magazin

Hi Folks,

just wanted to let you know that I was invited to write an article about PLC4X (and a bit about Open Source in IIoT) for the german „SPS Magazin“. This is one oft he biggest monthly journals in the automation area in the german speaking region with about 26.000 copies for every edition.
So lets hope that PLC4X gets some more love from the industry : )

I will also share the finished article here (it will originally be in german) and also try to provide a translated verison.

Best!
Julian

Re: [ARTICLE] Working on an article for german SPS Magazin

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Just noticed your PS (Sort of stop reading after the "goodbye") :-(

I usually try to lay emphasis on that this is not the case and it makes me a little sad that people seem to imply "working on PLC4X" with "working at codecentric".
I mean ... PI has way more people working on it than cc does.

And I'm always making sure (if I get involved) that cc doesn't post anything that could support that impression.
I don't intervene, when they say "initiated by cc" as that's technically true, but everything beyond that I haven them change.

Perhaps I should lay even more emphasis on it.

Thanks for mentioning this.

Chris

Am 16.04.20, 12:27 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

    Hi,

    just checked the trademark pages (https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/faq/#booktitle) to ensure it.
    And yes, as long as you dont "do shit" you can do it easily : )

    And as you know I will always beware not to write something like "I am the writer of PLC4X".

    Julian

    PS.: As a funny(?) sidenote... i was contacted by someone (form y PLC4X webinar shit) who tought that i work for codecentric. They seemed to have the impression that PLC4X = codecentric (although I'm sure we never stated that somewhere). But interesting nonetheless

    Am 16.04.20, 12:17 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

        Hi Julian,

        I think using the PLC4X logo is ok in such articles as long as it's about the PLC4X project.

        As long as it's clear that it's the logo of Apache PLC4X, it's an Apache project and that Apache PLC4X is independent of any company and no company owns/runs/"is the main driver behind" Apache PLC4X I guess there shouldn't be any problems.

        Sticking it on a product would probably be a problem.

        Chris

        Am 16.04.20, 11:54 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

            Hi,

            just a short question.
            As I want to use the PLC4X LOGO in the Article I asked myself about the policies.
            If I remember correctly the Plc4X logo is governed by the PLC4X PMC thus I only need to "ask" there for permission, right?

            Julian

            Am 14.04.20, 16:57 schrieb "Cesar Garcia" <ce...@ceos.com.ve>:

                 Hello,

                Excellent, a merit for all the effort that you have made.

                Best regards,

                --
                *CEOS Automatización, C.A.*
                *GALPON SERVICIO INDUSTRIALES Y NAVALES FA, C.A.,*

                *FRENTE A LA ASOCIACION DE GANADEROS,BARCELONA,EDO. ANZOATEGUI*
                *Ing. César García*

                *Cel: +58 414-760.98.95*

                *Hotline Técnica SIEMENS: 0800 1005080*

                *Email: support.aan.automation@siemens.com
                <su...@siemens.com>*

Re: [ARTICLE] Working on an article for german SPS Magazin

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Is this out of the category "Business Ideas that sound definetly better when you are drunk?" : )

Am 16.04.20, 13:18 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Technically coffee is a cherry (I think) ...

    and ... yes you're right regarding Toddy's dietary preferences ... we should perhaps make little bags of "Toddy's salty Apache nuts" as giveaways ;-)

    Chris

    Am 16.04.20, 12:44 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

        So Toddy doesnt only like beans but also nuts... ?

        :D

        Am 16.04.20, 12:39 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

            Hi Julian,

            "And as you know I will always beware not to write something like 'I am the writer of PLC4X'."

            You know ... if you did, Toddy would come by and bite you where it hurts ... and trust me ... it hurts ... been there ;-)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Julian,