Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Francis Altomare <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/09 16:56:11 UTC

Came across a GPU powered mobile UI framework

Hi Everyone,

A while back I brought up the idea of creating a set of GPU powered UI
components specifically for use on mobile. A couple of days ago I came
across a project that looks like it has quite a bit of potential.

https://github.com/joshtynjala/foxhole-starling

Just wondering, is the author of this project on this mailing list? I've
been looking into perusing a similar goal and would love to work toward
getting something like this into Apache Flex.

--
Francis Altomare,

Re: Came across a GPU powered mobile UI framework

Posted by Jonathan Campos <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Jarosław Szczepankiewicz <
jszczepankiewicz@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://blog.kaourantin.net/?p=138

Right now work is keeping my hands full but this was something I wanted to
create a few experiments with. While many people worry about accessibility
and other issues that GPU rendering would cause, I am sure there are plenty
of projects that would also be improved that accessibility may not be an
issue.

--
Jonathan Campos

Re: Came across a GPU powered mobile UI framework

Posted by Gilmar José Purin <gi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the link. It clarifies a lot.

Posted by Jarosław Szczepankiewicz <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilmar José Purin <gi...@gmail.com>.