Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Valérie Sevel <va...@metaread.com> on 2005/08/11 18:25:01 UTC

Tree2 with checkbox

Hello,

I would like to develop a tree to select directories.

So I plan to use tree2 with checkbox render. I downloaded the examples and
the code source.

The problem is I have no clue how to do it (I am a JSF newbie).

However, upon http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/tree2.html, that seems
possible.

“The tree is highly customizable and allows for fine-grained control over
the appearance of each of the nodes depending on their type. Almost any type
of JSF component (text, image, checkbox, etc.) can be rendered inside the
nodes and there is an option for client-side or server-side toggling of the
expand/collapse state. “

Thanks,

Val

Re: Tree2 with checkbox

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
You should defnitely be able to add checkboxes to tree2.  The nice
part about how tree2 is setup is that you can put pretty much anything
into the various node facets.

Look around online for examples of checkboxes in a datatable.  The
solution to the tree2 case will be similar.  I would suggest you try
modifiying one of the myfaces simple examples (you've looked at those
right?) to add a checkbox and get that working before you do your own
custom one.

If you have a problem, report it here for help.  Its best if you try
it yourself and ask specific questions here.  If someone wants to help
you by supplying an example I'd be happy to patch the simple examples
with a new one.

sean