Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by David Welton <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/20 15:22:22 UTC

'delayed' shipment status?

Just a thought I'd like to bounce off people, even though we're
unfortunately not using OFBiz and thus can't create a patch:

Should/Could shipment status having something like 'delayed'?  Perhaps
it's not the right place for it in the model, but the idea goes
something like this:

We ask our supplier where a shipment is, they tell us it's delayed,
and we add that to the status table, and a service takes care of
sending off emails to clients whose orders will be affected by the
late shipment.

Thoughts?

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: 'delayed' shipment status?

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.
> What we have right now that addresses something like this is an
> estimated delivery date on each shipment. The backorder notice stuff
> and other things use this to look at current and expected inventory,
> including when and how much is expected.

> Is that similar to what you're looking for?

My (vague) thought was along these lines:  I would like to keep the
initial expected delivery date, and then "update" it with new
estimates as they become available (our supplier says they sent the
package to Palermo, not Padova), so as to not simply change the
estimated delivery date, which would be calculated from the initial
estimate, plus any delays.

Perhaps that's too complex for general use?