Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by simon k <si...@hotmail.com> on 2009/12/24 23:47:49 UTC

error buiding StorePlugin

Hi everyone,

Am trying to build the StorePlugin ... downloaded from
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/rhmessaging/store/trunk/cpp

I have a built qpid from the src repository (which is only the cpp broker,
which is apparantly equivalent to the cpp dir from the svn repository).

I do have the svn repository downloaded, but was unable to do a build from that.
As a result, I made links to the python and specs dirs from the svn download so that
for the configuration of the StorePlugin build, I used
> ./configure --with-qpid-checkout=my/path/to/qpid
where the qpid directory contains cpp (the build from the src repo), python and specs (these two just links
to the svn download).

However, when doing a make after this setup, I get the following error:

StorePlugin.cpp: In member function 'virtual void qpid::broker::StorePlugin::earlyInitialize(qpid::Plugin::Target&)':
StorePlugin.cpp:58: error: no matching function for call to 'qpid::broker::Broker::setStore(boost::shared_ptr<qpid::broker::MessageStore>&)'
/root/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/broker/Broker.h:174: note: candidates are: void qpid::broker::Broker::setStore(qpid::broker::MessageStore*)
make[3]: *** [StorePlugin.lo] Error 1

Can anyone offer any insight into this? It seems that there's a missing method defintion with the given signature,
but I have no idea who should have generated this definition, or where it should live. Boost is installed.

Thanks for any help...
-Simon

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/

Re: error buiding StorePlugin

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Simon,

The HEAD rev of Qpid and Store module should compile without issue.
1. Have you  checked if you are up to date on both code bases?
2. I would also recommend doing a make clean in both projects.

As an aside, In the future it's best to subscribe to the qpid-user
list, or else somebody would need to moderate your emails in.

Rajith

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM, simon k <si...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Am trying to build the StorePlugin ... downloaded from
> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/rhmessaging/store/trunk/cpp
>
> I have a built qpid from the src repository (which is only the cpp broker,
> which is apparantly equivalent to the cpp dir from the svn repository).
>
> I do have the svn repository downloaded, but was unable to do a build from that.
> As a result, I made links to the python and specs dirs from the svn download so that
> for the configuration of the StorePlugin build, I used
>> ./configure --with-qpid-checkout=my/path/to/qpid
> where the qpid directory contains cpp (the build from the src repo), python and specs (these two just links
> to the svn download).
>
> However, when doing a make after this setup, I get the following error:
>
> StorePlugin.cpp: In member function 'virtual void qpid::broker::StorePlugin::earlyInitialize(qpid::Plugin::Target&)':
> StorePlugin.cpp:58: error: no matching function for call to 'qpid::broker::Broker::setStore(boost::shared_ptr<qpid::broker::MessageStore>&)'
> /root/qpid/cpp/src/qpid/broker/Broker.h:174: note: candidates are: void qpid::broker::Broker::setStore(qpid::broker::MessageStore*)
> make[3]: *** [StorePlugin.lo] Error 1
>
> Can anyone offer any insight into this? It seems that there's a missing method defintion with the given signature,
> but I have no idea who should have generated this definition, or where it should live. Boost is installed.
>
> Thanks for any help...
> -Simon

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: error buiding StorePlugin

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Simon,

Your store code is newer than your broker code. If you can build the
broker from the repository trunk you should be in better shape.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications