Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yu-Hui Jin <yu...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/06 23:31:31 UTC

uniqueKey type

We used a custom fieldType that segments the values of a field A into
tokens.  We then define uniqueKey as that field A.  It seems when we update
a document by solr, documents that have different values (one contains the
other as a substring)  gets collided into one so the result is the new
document removed the old one.

Does uniqueKey field has to be string typed?  How does the comparison of the
values work for updating documents?

thanks,

-Hui

Re: uniqueKey type

Posted by Yu-Hui Jin <yu...@gmail.com>.
Got it. Thanks, Mike.  That explains.

regards,

-Hui

On 11/6/07, Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6-Nov-07, at 2:31 PM, Yu-Hui Jin wrote:
>
> > We used a custom fieldType that segments the values of a field A into
> > tokens.  We then define uniqueKey as that field A.  It seems when
> > we update
> > a document by solr, documents that have different values (one
> > contains the
> > other as a substring)  gets collided into one so the result is the new
> > document removed the old one.
> >
> > Does uniqueKey field has to be string typed?  How does the
> > comparison of the
> > values work for updating documents?
>
> uniqueKey needn't be string type, but the tokenizer must produce a
> single token only (and any documents that have the same resulting
> token will be considered "the same").
>
> If this is violated, the behaviour is undefined (but I wouldn't be
> surprised if the first token was used).
>
> -Mike

-Hui

Re: uniqueKey type