Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com> on 2001/07/05 15:24:34 UTC

Profiler for C2

Hello,

I do have something which looks like and performs like a profiler :)
It can report time spent by every step of pipeline; it's built using
SAXConnector. Is there anybody here interested in this?

If yes, shall I commit it to CVS? (what branch?)
Or, I can post it to mail list.

Regards,
Vadim

Re: Dealing with XML Fragments in logicsheets

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Thomas Klement a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there is a way to process xml fragments with logicsheets. For
> instance, I want to insert the fragment "person" in the following example
> into a xml database using a logicsheet (that processes xmldb:insertFragment)
> in conjunction with a helper class.
>
> <xmldb:insertFragment collection="xmldb:dbxml:///db/mydb2">
>         <person>
>                 <fname>Thomas</fname>
>                 <lname>Klement</lname>
>                 <email type="work">klement@gmd.de</email>
>                 <address type="work">D-64293 Darmstadt</address>
>         </person>
> </xmldb:insertFragment>
>
> The problem is "how to assign a parameter of this helper class to transport
> the content below the person tag". I didn't find any example of that.
>
> Can anyone help, please?

By "fragment", do you mean a DOM DocumentFragment ?

If so, your xmldb:insertFragment can change the XSP contentHandler to a
DOMBuilder, apply templates on its content so that it gets converted to
a DOM, and then restore the XSP contentHandler and insert the built DOM
into the database.

--
Sylvain Wallez

Dealing with XML Fragments in logicsheets

RE: Profiler for C2

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.
Dear cocooners,

Here is first try to implement profiler, checked in into HEAD branch. To use:

1) Configure cocoon.xconf:

  <event-pipeline class="org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.ProfilingNonCachingEventPipeline"/>
  <sax-connector class="org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.ProfilingSAXConnector"/>
  <profiler/>

2) Configure sitemap:

  <map:generators default="file">
   <map:generator  name="profile"     src="org.apache.cocoon.components.profiler.ProfilerGenerator" label="content"/>
  </map:generators>

   <map:match pattern="profile">
    <map:generate type="profile"/>
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="stylesheets/system/profile2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
   </map:match>

3) Try http://localhost/cocoon/profile several times

Feedback is really appreciated,

Thanks,
Vadim

Re: Profiler for C2

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

RE: Profiler for C2

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Giacomo,
>
> I went per Berin's suggestion and checked in everything into one
> package, cocoon.components.profiler. Hope this is OK too.

Yes it is ok, I was too late :)

Giacomo

RE: Profiler for C2

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@yahoo.com>.