Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Benson Qiu <be...@salesforce.com> on 2017/11/13 22:52:36 UTC

What does JobPriority mean?

I'm having trouble finding documentation for JobPriority
(mapreduce.job.priority).

> "Changes the priority of the job. Allowed priority values are VERY_HIGH,
HIGH, NORMAL, LOW, VERY_LOW"

I am using YARN CapacityScheduler, with preemption disabled. What exactly
does "low priority" or "high priority" mean in terms of how containers are
allocated to jobs?

Thanks,
Benson

Re: What does JobPriority mean?

Posted by Benson Qiu <be...@salesforce.com>.
Thanks, Sunil! I found your JIRA (YARN-1963
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1963>) that has a really great
design doc.

Posted by Sunil G <su...@apache.org>.
Hi Benson,