Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/12/06 05:44:45 UTC

Re: forrestbot problems

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
> >David Crossley wrote:

> >>Hmmm, i wish that someone else would try it.
> >
> >Me too.  I don't doubt though that I'm doing something wrong -- just
> >can't figure out what it is.  I ran through it again on my linux box
> >and the issue is exactly the same as I've been describing so it
> >doesn't appear to be a windows thing.
>
> I just tried it (Windows XP + Cygwin). I get the same problem.
>
> I've not seen either of you comment on the Xalan issue that we have come
> up against before (see my earlier mails in this thread). Now that I have
> done a test I can confirm that I am seeing the same effects, at least
> with respect to the inconsistent line endings.
>
> Top see the problem, just open up a generated file and you'll find that
> comments have different line endings to all other content. For example:

> <!--+
>     |breadtrail
>     +-->^M

So Tim is this the issue that you are seeing
or is it something else?

-David

Re: forrestbot problems

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Tim Williams wrote:
> On 12/5/05, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Ross Gardler wrote:

>>>I just tried it (Windows XP + Cygwin). I get the same problem.
>>>
>>>I've not seen either of you comment on the Xalan issue that we have come
>>>up against before (see my earlier mails in this thread). Now that I have
>>>done a test I can confirm that I am seeing the same effects, at least
>>>with respect to the inconsistent line endings.
>>>
>>>Top see the problem, just open up a generated file and you'll find that
>>>comments have different line endings to all other content. For example:

>>><!--+
>>>    |breadtrail
>>>    +-->^M
>>
>>So Tim is this the issue that you are seeing
>>or is it something else?
>>
>>-David
>>

> That does appear to be why all of the files have changed.  I'm not
> sure if there's more than one issue or what though.  I don't know how
> this could result in the authorization failure error I was getting.

To fix the above we need to use the FixCRLF task in ANT [1], at last
until the bug in Xalan is fixed. I used this in the plugin build.xml to
fix the same problem.

I have no idea about the authorisation stuff I;m afraid.

Ross

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/fixcrlf.html

Re: forrestbot problems

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 12/5/05, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Tim Williams wrote:

> > >Me too.  I don't doubt though that I'm doing something wrong -- just
> > >can't figure out what it is.  I ran through it again on my linux box
> > >and the issue is exactly the same as I've been describing so it
> > >doesn't appear to be a windows thing.
> >
> > I just tried it (Windows XP + Cygwin). I get the same problem.
> >
> > I've not seen either of you comment on the Xalan issue that we have come
> > up against before (see my earlier mails in this thread). Now that I have
> > done a test I can confirm that I am seeing the same effects, at least
> > with respect to the inconsistent line endings.
> >
> > Top see the problem, just open up a generated file and you'll find that
> > comments have different line endings to all other content. For example:

> > <!--+
> >     |breadtrail
> >     +-->^M
>
> So Tim is this the issue that you are seeing
> or is it something else?
>
> -David

That does appear to be why all of the files have changed.  I'm not
sure if there's more than one issue or what though.  I don't know how
this could result in the authorization failure error I was getting.
--tim